10 February 2010

First Draft


I can not decide exactly what to write. I guess I should tell you that I have been an iPhone owner since August, and never once have I regretted that decision. I have found it to be a device capable of doing everything I have ever needed via the maps app or apps from the store. I should also tell you I own a 16gb 3Gs. Just a simple baseline phone. Un-jailbroken (why mess with a good thing if I have to do all of that coding that I have no idea how to do) and always on.


For this blog I want to focus solely on the iPhone's photo taking abilities and editing those photos using only the phone. I current take photos through the camera app provided by Apple. I do not see the point in using those other camera apps (unless they are the goofy ones) as it still uses software to "enhance" the photo quality, zoom, etc.


I also currently used Photoshop Mobile (current version) for all of my editing. Adobe has never failed me. I love this app. I can crop, rotate, expose, saturate, contrast, effect, border, and tint my photos. My only complaint of this near flawless app is the lack of a text insert into photos. Everything else, I feel, works well.


I am by no means a professional photographer. I enjoy photography and am currently learning to use the manual side of the mode wheel on my Canon Digital Rebel. That's right folks, the first DSLR released by Canon. But still, 6MPs look good with a capable image sensor.


If I had known I was going to start this blog, I would have saved both the originals and edited pictures. I do have some of both left, but for now I will leave you with some of my edited pics.


Rain on my screened in porch.


I call this one Late Nights.


The engine of my 1991 Mazada MX-6.


East TN Rainbow.


Anticipation.

I hope you enjoy this blog. I will use this space to share with you photos taken with my phone, and also some of the ways I use available apps to help enhance my pictures.

SAM



No comments:

Post a Comment